This year of 2019 is the year of the pig. An according to one website, “though not wasteful spenders, they will let themselves enjoy life”. And, as I have declared this my year of joy, I have to say hear hear to the year of the pig. And, I have to go back to finding the silly, odd and wacky news bits floating out there amidst the sea of confusing, depressing, and angry stories.
- An egg rules the internet. Move over Kylie Jenner. Apparently, an egg is now the image most liked on Instagram. Its a perfectly cute egg. Although, it does not motivate me to want to eat eggs. But it did get 32 million likes. I think people liked it not so much for the egg but to knock Kylie out of the top spot.
- Why not have some Wine Pringles with that chaos? This woman in northern Texas may be onto something. What? I don’t know. She spent three hours (starting at around 6am) riding around in an electric cart in a Walmart lot drinking wine from a Pringles can. As a result, she has been banned from Walmart. Here’s the heartwarming thing, though. A lot of people feel for her and she wasn’t arrested. Now, can we get the details of which Pringles flavor and which wine she mixed together? Sounds like an airplane product to me.
- NYC pigeons lead a fabulous life. A thirsty bird landed in a water fountain. Its got no thumbs. A nearby man took pity on it and pushed the button for water. The bird drank it up. And people say New Yorkers are rude. Hmpf.
- Black hole gas. Apparently hungry black holes- or rather supermassive black holes- devour up the gas in their surroundings as if they were starving. And, maybe they are starving. Why eat gas? Why not? When starving you eat what is available.
- Are we at TMI yet? Former Congressman Beto O’Rourke did an Instagram live session of his visit to the dentist. The dental office staff were all game and I suppose his session may actually be a good endeavor to help people overcome anxieties associated with going to the dentist. However, when do we as a society hit an instance of “Too Much Information” (TMI).
- Peep Peep in the morning. I love creamer in my morning coffee. I especially love flavored coffee creamers. However, I am not too sure about creamer that tastes like peeps. Although, I may very well have to give it a try. Who knows it may just give me a bit of extra pep to my step.
- Pizza brings comfort and joy. As a New Yorker I love pizza. I believe that as kids we are taught very early on that Pizza is great and that New York makes awesome pizza. Pizza makes the world go round. And as such, in a kindhearted act, Canadian air traffic controllers sent pizza to their fellow US air traffic controllers who are working without pay. Maybe we can all make such gestures of goodwill to one another. I like pepperoni pizza. Just sharing.
That’s all I have today. Go forth and be wacky!