You really like me: One lovely blog award
My mom loved the movie Norma Rae which may be where in part I get my activism yearning for social justice. Of course, my mom also loved The Flying Nun. I just don’t get that television show as that was a bit too goody-goody for me. Basically, my mother loved Sally Field. And who wouldn’t? She was America’s sweetheart before Mary Lou Rhetton and Katie Couric hit our collective consciousness with an “adorkable” hammer. Anyway, Sally is a divine actress who won an Oscar award for Norma Rae and a second Oscar for her performance in Places in the Heart in 1985. I was too young at the time for me to remember her giving her Oscar speech that night but trust me most of you have heard it. She went on to note “And I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!” Of course, most of us remember her saying “you like me, you REALLY like me”. You say tomhato, I say tomato. Let’s just celebrate the good moments.
With that, I want to thank ShrinkMuch, who I believe is a crazy Puerto Rican like I am (but I am not 100% sure) and also shares my love of bacon, for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I must say I am a tad bit overwhelmed by all the love you guys out there are showing me. Can you all come to my workplace with me? I could so use your great vibes, warm sentiments and best wishes. Again, I am blessed to have so many awards and accolades bestowed upon me. You like me. You really like me? Oh Sally, what have you done?
As you probably know by now, there are some rules (aren’t there always) to accepting this award. Alas, here they are. Wait, before I go on, I should note I looked and looked but could not find the origin of this award. It’s like a blog fairy just came down one day and bestowed it and there it was paid forward. Thus, if there is no origin are there truly rules? I must reflect and ponder this on my way to my million and one meeting today.
The rules with no origin, I might add
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add seven facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. This award has no restrictions as to who you can nominate.
I am not a big fan of rules without a face. Thus, who says we must follow these?
Here are a few little ditties about me…
- I think John Cougar Mellancamp (or whatever name variation he has now) and John Fogerty were severely screwed by their bandmates. More power to them for being so Zen about it these days.
- I like cheese a lot! That is how I got pregnant. Wait for it, wait for it… Moving on.
- My favorite wine is a Donnhoff Riesling. Although, it will never be better than a grand Cuban mojito.
- If I ate way less than you at dinner, I will still pay the same share as everyone else. Always.
- I own five computers and I use them all and I am messy when it comes to storing and saving my files. Thus, it is always a crapshoot as to where my latest document is at. That is part of my charm J
- I always have a song running through my head. That is why my legs are always moving at meetings and at panel presentations. I swear it is not the three cups of coffee or two bottles of coke zero I have on average each day. Right now, I have “This is how I feel” by Tank running in my head. I am typing to its sad beat.
- Although, I swore off cruises I may just take one more with my whole family. What the heck. We can get the norovirus together as a bonding experience. I kid. Knock on wood. I have never gotten sick on a cruise. Although, crazily, I came back from Australia with a parasite. What is up with that?
- I am thinking of giving it all up and becoming a …wait, wait. I only need share seven things. Scratch that…
Lastly, here are some bloggers for you to check out
Toodles. And may you all keep with your own lovely blogs and feel like Sally Field on an Oscar night.